Origin's of Long Term Athletic Development
Istvan Balyi is a world renowned coaching educator and his series on Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) and periodization have been published in Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. Istvan is currently LTAD advisor for The Kingdom of Bahrain and Sport Canada. He worked with 19 sports in the UK on LTAD, including England Rugby Union, England Cricket Board, The Lawn Tennis Association, British Canoe Union, British Swimming, Diving, Water Polo and Synchronized Swimming, British Judo and British Gymnastics. He also worked with England Golf and Ireland Golf to compile their long-term athlete development models.
In 2009 Istvan was contracted by the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee to develop a generic LTAD model to be used as foundation for sport-specific LTAD’s in South Africa, as well to develop high performance plans for the 2012 London Olympics and a quadrennial plan from 2012 to 2016.
He authored 3 books, published over 75 chapters and articles and delivered over 400 presentations and national and international conferences on LTAD and Planning and Periodization.
Our program is based on elite training and planning for children specific for golf established by Istvan Balyni’s recommendations.
Benefits of Long Term Athletic Development
- Identifies the current gaps in the sport system and provides guidelines for problem solving
- Is a guide for planning for optimal performance for all stages of athlete development
- Is a framework for full sport system alignment and integration
- It is designed on empirical / practical coaching experiences and on scientific principles
- Optimal training, competition and recovery programming with relation to biological development and maturation
- Equal opportunity for recreation and competition
- Athlete centred, coach driven and administration, sport science and sponsor supported
Global Progression of LTAD