Our athletes will progress through the program and develop more advanced skills
in both athleticism and golf.
Here is an example of the first level of proficiency that ALL athletes must complete
to move up the program. Grading for each level will be done at your location approximately
every three to four months of training. The first level will be done immediately
upon joining the class.
Example of Proficiency Levels
Remember there are Ten Levels in our Program. View
Red Hat Level – Your child will be able to:
Golf Swing Technical Skills
- Demonstrate a 10 finger grip with the hands touching.
- With the assistance of an alignment aid, align the feet square to the target.
- Demonstrate basic athletic posture.
- Demonstrate basic weight shift from trail leg to front foot.
Course Management, Playing Skills and Performance Statistics
- Introduce juniors that are new to the game to the golf course and club environment.
- Introduce juniors to the concept of strategy by designing "holes" that don’t rely
upon golf specific skill, but still require thought. Activities using Cyclone equipment
to replace golf strokes are ideal.
- Make it fun and competitive! Team activities are great.
Object Control and Locomotion (FMS) Proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to Hop, Skip and Slide
- Demonstrate ability to Overhand Throw, Two-Hand Strike, and Bowl.
Physical Fitness Proficiency
- Push-ups & Horizontal Pull-ups - 2 with good form
- Front Plank & Bridge – 24 seconds in perfect form
- Vertical Jump – 5 inches
- Chest Pass and Sit-up & Throw - 5 feet
- 505 Agility – less than 5 sec
History, Rules, Etiquette
- History – Learn 2 golf legends and 1 fact about each.
- Rules - Be familiar and compliant with Safety Rules and Code of Conduct.
- Etiquette – Noise level and attire on the golf course.